Re: Code?

On 5/20/2010 3:35 PM, Rivera, Rafael wrote:
> Two issues come to mind immediately:
>
> * Servicing: If Microsoft pushes out a QFE for some CRT vulnerability
> (http://is.gd/chWRN), users will be stuck with a vulnerable CoApp engine
> until recompile/update. We haven't even talked about how we're going to
> service the CoApp engine... eek.

Agreed.  We are architecting a schema to provide a full compliment of ported
apps *and dynamic libraries*.  Why wouldn't these depend on the shipping,
supported, system assembly installed msvc*10 shared libraries?

This is where the revisioning ideas of fedora or ubuntu are a good corollary;
once this is bumped for a new, major msvc release, other major packages are
also rev'ed, and the entire assembled distribution should behave flawlessly.
Sometimes locally built/provisioned components would have to be recompiled by
the user to jump up to the new 'release', or they would have to leave legacy
assemblies installed.