context team mailing list archive

Re: minimals for cygwin

On 07/29/2010 08:44 PM, Peter Münster wrote:
On Wed, Jul 28 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

- metapost does no more build (no problem with 1.500, but 1.501 and 1.502
    fail)

I need the error report if you want me too look at it (same for
the luatex stack dumping)

Hello Taco,

Please find attached the output of the build-script.

Something is broken in the build script, probably because of a
'make mpost' vs. 'make mpost.exe' issue. This bit:

gcc -g -O2    mpost.c   -o mpost

is the best hint at what is wrong: make is not using any of the
dependencies for mpost.c, which typically happens when you feed
make the wrong target.

Now I have the 'interesting' problem that I know what is wrong,
but not exactly how to fix it. From LuaTeX's build.sh comes the
following:

  case `uname` in
    MINGW32*    ) LUATEXEXE=luatex.exe ;;
  esac

clearly mpost's build.sh needs something similar, but I don't know
for sure what 'uname' returns under cygwin. I've attached a version
of metapost build.sh that has my best guess.

Can you see whether it works?

Best wishes,
Taco