Re: Cuneiform Linux 0.5 is released (VS2005)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry if I am stating something fairly obvious that all of you already
> know, but are you guys aware of the existence of the VS2005 patch and
> build solution against the original source code, opensourced by
> Cognitive? The post can be found here:
>
> I wonder whether this patch can be diffed and applied to the latest
> trunk of the cf-linux project and the solution to be used as a reference
> so we can adapt the CMake solution generation code to make alike?

Basically yes. Making the diff between original code and the VS2005
version apply cleanly on the Linux branch would take quite a lot of
work. Not to mention getting all those conceptual changes into CMake
syntax have to be done by hand.

The current trunk already compiles almost half way on VS2008 express
edition. Porting it from the MinGW branch has been quite
straightforward. I estimate finalizing the MinGW -> VS2008 port takes
a lot less work, so I'm going to focus on that. If someone else can
make Cognitive's work easily applicable to current Linux version,
patches are gladly welcome.