Re: experimental dashboard is opened

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 18:13 +0100, Alex Samorukov wrote:

> VT-x is a must only for non-native xen domains (e.g. windows). For linux
> and bsd its usually better to use domU nodes,

>From what I've read, BSDs (especially Net/Open, but Free as well) work
OK in non-native domains while paravirtualized kernels are yet
unreliable. Also, a reliable Windows buildhost is a must.

> I would recommend Debian for this task. CentOS (RHEL) is too
>  conservative and contain to old software ;)

Ha-ha, that's exactly why I suggested RHEL as dom0 :-) It's rock solid
and never breaks on update, so once you got it up and running, there's
nothing to worry. But Debian / Ubuntu will do much better job as a
buildhost (e.g. Hardy sounds like a good idea).

> For linuxes you may limit menory to 256, it will more than enough in
> x-less configuration

Well, yeah, you right. I took the higher margin.

> I have many XEN installations around, i`m using it mostly for VoIP
>  related tasks (asterisk hosting, etc.), so i am able to help with
>  this.

Great, so all we need is hardware :-) I'm looking through all this
Kitware's CMake + CDash + CTest + CPack suite and it's really
impressive. Looks like we can use it to set up cross-platform automated
OCR quality testing and submission to one central point and also
automated packaging for many platforms, including Windows.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev