Re: dhis lite

2009/4/16 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> I'm not sure if my reading of the docs is the same as yours.  It seems
>> to me that h2 will handle multiple connections in a thread safe manner
>> from within a single JVM.
>> (http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#multiple_connections)
>
> Yup but we are using embedded mode, not client-server-mode (which runs over
> TCP):
>
> "If you want to access the same database at the same time from different
> processes or computers, you need to use the client / server mode."
>
> BIRT is apparently starting its own process.

Are you sure?  I've just been trying it on my machine and both birt
and dhis seem to be running in the same JVM (process).  Unless BIRT
for some reason forks a new process but that would be very un-java
like.

I might be wrong as I still haven't got around to the whole report
thing (I'd estimate I'm about 35% ploughing through DHIS2).  Is BIRT -
as included on DHIS - just a webapp, or does it fire up the whole
birt-eclipse thing?  In which case, yes, that would be a new process,
so yes, we would need to run in H2 mixed mode.  So yes, you are
probably right :-)

As a configuration note, I see that we need to make a
$(dhis2.home)/reports directory.