Re: dhis lite

> Are you sure?  I've just been trying it on my machine and both birt
> and dhis seem to be running in the same JVM (process).  Unless BIRT
> for some reason forks a new process but that would be very un-java
> like.
>
> I might be wrong as I still haven't got around to the whole report
> thing (I'd estimate I'm about 35% ploughing through DHIS2).  Is BIRT -
> as included on DHIS - just a webapp, or does it fire up the whole
> birt-eclipse thing?  In which case, yes, that would be a new process,
> so yes, we would need to run in H2 mixed mode.  So yes, you are
> probably right :-)

Nope, its just an exploded WAR. DHIS writes a report template to the root of
it. Then the report is requested through an URL which tells BIRT to produce
it. BIRT will start a connection to the database and populate the report
with data.

When I tried requesting such a report in embedded mode, it gave me an error
message saying something like "database is currently being used by another
thread" (sorry don't remember exactly). I assumed it was caused by the
single-process limitation. Try it out urself, I've added a demo report in
the beta lite. If we could come around this (running only embedded) it would
be nice...:)

> As a configuration note, I see that we need to make a
> $(dhis2.home)/reports directory.

I actually moved the dhis2.home location to install_dir/conf. The reports
directory (as the documents, importexport) will create itself below this. I
might have mis-interpreted you here tho...