Re: New installer available: Testers wanted

> As you say we have two scenarios: Offline, where it would be useful to
> include java, and online, where user feedback would be sufficient. Launch4j
> has a nice feature where you are redirected to the java download page if
> java is not already installed. Could that be done with Bitrock?

Yes, it already performs a check, and aborts the install. I guess we
could try and open up the web page for them. BitRock could even
download it for them automatically as part of the installation
process. This might be a better option for an online install.

Will wait for the fixes then, and not worry about packaging FireFox.

Also, can someone comment on this blueprint?

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/new-installer

I am not sure if Saptarshi is builing a NetBeans installer as well,
but it would seem that BitRock would be able to deliver an installer
for any platform. if there is a compelling reason to use NetBeans, I
suppose we could go that way as well, but I would assume that the
NetBeans installer is actually Java and not a native package, as is
produced with BitRock?