Re: How to structure information?

Hi Marta,

I don't know enough about the use-case to be sure. However my suggestion
would be to use the organisation units to represent the departments. It is
simply because usually the departments are different across hospitals -
some are not always there, some are combined and so on. So you could make a
script that creates the initial setup with all departments in all places
and then modify it from there. It makes form design easier. The data mart
performance penalty mentioned above applied at the time of writing but not
anymore with the analytics engine. A problem with using categories is that
you get lots of non-applicable fields if you use section forms, and lots of
maintenance mess if you go with custom forms.

cheers