Re: How to structure information?

Hi,

Agree with Lars. I would use orgunits to represent the departments/wards as
it gives you more flexibility. It will require more customisation time to
get all the orgunit names right in each hospital, but it is worth it, at
least if you want to support data analysis and mangement at each hospital.

Sometimes the hospital prefers to use local names on wards, like Cot ward
A. Cot ward B, up/down etc and also have more than one physical ward/room
for the same type/category.  A standard naming scheme through data element
categories would be difficult to use in this case.

Typically a hospital would like to do analysis by each physical ward (bed
occupancy rates etc) and not always group them together by type of ward.

You can use orgunit groups to apply standard hospital departement names to
all those wards,  which can then be used for aggregation when doing
analysis above the hospital level or when comparing hospitals.

Ola
------