Re: FW: configuring patient tracker

Hi Jacob

If you were using the dhis2-tools it would mostly be a matter of running:

dhis2-deploy-war -t <instance name>

But if you are doing it manually, let me elaborate a bit on Knut's answer.

1.  stop the dhis server
2.  make a backup of the database
3.  remove *everything* in the webapps directory (typically dhis.war and a
directory called ./dhis)
4.  copy the downloaded war into the webapps directory
5.  if you are using a frontend proxy (like nginx) then clear whatever
might be in nginx cache directory
6.  restart tomcat

If you ask your colleague to go through the steps above then, yes, you
should experience a "seamless" upgrade.

Regards
Bob