Re: How to best implement registries

Dear Hannan,

Unique ID is quite tricky. In an ideal situation, it is better unique ID is
generated outside DHIS2 and feed to it.

The thing is we don't have a mechanism to tell DHIS2 how the ID should be
generated. Yes, we used to have a something that worked before - but it was
not-scalable.

Currently there is a discussion going on among developers here. We are
planning to introduce a model where one can specify a pattern of the unique
ID and the system will generate accordingly - we hope to have this for 2.23.

---
Thank you,
Abyot.