Re: installation of DOLFIN 0.5.7 on Debian

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Anders Logg wrote:

Are you sure you have PETSc 2.2.1?

Yes.

Look through the PETSc makefile and
see if you find the target "getincludedirs".

In my petsc-2.2.1/makefile:

   include ${PETSC_DIR}/bmake/common/base

Yes, it's there.

In my petsc-2.2.1/bmake/common/base:

   include ${PETSC_DIR}/bmake/common/rules

Yes, it's there.

In my petsc-2.2.1/bmake/common/rules:

   getincludedirs:
       -@echo  ${PETSC_INCLUDE}

Yes, it's there.

This is why I was suggesting it would be more efficient if you take a look yourself. It is quite easy (three commands in total to build the package), and I would be happy to walk you through the commands etc. if something is not clear.

Here is a brief summary.

*****************************
To build source:

#apt-get build-dep petsc # choose first options for blas and lapack
$cd /tmp/petsc
$apt-get source petsc
$cd petsc-2.2.1
$debuild binary

To install binary:

#apt-get install libpetsc

I can give you the above in more detail if you want.

If not, let me know what else you want me to check.

Thanks.                                                          Faheem.