Re: Re: Debian package

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Anders Logg wrote:

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:24:39PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Anders Logg wrote:

I tried a couple of things:

1. Installing both mpich and lam4-dev:

Works fine for me, no problems and /etc/alternatives/mpi points to
/usr/include/lam, but maybe I'm missing the point?

I had both mpich-dev and lam4-dev installed. I think the problem is with
the alternatives system, yes.

Maybe this has been fixed in Debian, since I didn't have a problem?

Unlikely. I'm using Sarge, which released some time ago, and I'm certain that I had this problems since is released. It is possible that is was fixed as part of a security release, but I didn't notice anything involving mpi.

I can check, though.

Johan, can you comment, please?

                                                               Faheem.