Re: Listing old files

Michael Terry wrote:
> 2009/10/22 Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I planned on putting out .06 at the "end of the week".  I don't think a
>> couple of days would matter much.  What do you think you'll need?
>
> Not to be pesky or anything, but things didn't seem to go as planned?
> Hope you're not busy fighting swine flu or anything, Ken!  :)

No, thank goodness!  No flu in the household.  You're not being pesky.

Life and hard drives got in the way.  An old system of mine bit the dust
and recovery was not as easy as I thought.  I had a cascade of problems:
1) bad sector in raid mirror,
2) ran fsck on the md device and not the sd, bad move, trashed both,
3) fsck -cc (read/write badblocks test) showed no new bad blocks, so,
4) repartitioned and rebuilt the system, and now, two days later,
5) another bad block and I'm going to replace the drives, and then,
6) rebuild the system from scratch, Karmic of course.

In between all that, I signed on to a contract with a short fuse, so its
been a busy time.  I'll have some time today to get it out the door, if
nothing else goes south.

...Ken