Re: Taking Back Marlin

I personally think pantheon-files is a terrible name.
Marlin is already widely used by many users in several distros other than
elementary and they'll use our version since Marlin is discontinued, now.
Keeping using Marlin sounds good, even though could be a bit unfair if
ammonkey doesn't want us to do that. I see no point in calling it
pantheon-files, I don't like the idea of marking it as ours. It's against
open-source philosophy, doesn't help convincing other distros to use it and
I personally would never install an app which is marked by someone else.
You know, it makes it sound us like a bit of douchebags.  Plus, its
function is already clear because we decided to change the icon to
something clearer, like a folder (don't know if pantheon-files already has
that).

Andre Luis, I'm not sure about that, we need to release a beta shortly and
this would really slow us down.

Regards,
Andrea Basso