Re: 3D & WMs in Luna

Our R&D department in the person of Tom Beckmann has found a way to
get custom animations into Mutter. Here's the demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLNVa0y0ky0

Here's the code, under 100 lines: http://pastebin.com/gLhMx7m2
And people are already playing with it: http://ompldr.org/vZHRuZQ

I strongly support this approach because it seems to be the only way
to get decent compositing that has decent performance and doesn't make
opening Slingshot an "I'll never do this again" experience.

This looks roughly equal in complexity to deploying Compiz properly,
except workspace handling which is questionable. This needs input from
designers now.

OS integrator @ elementary