Re: 3D & WMs in Luna

Okay so here's what I like:

We're going to have to switch WM's anyways next cycle. We get to do
basically whatever custom animations we want. We get to have anti-aliased
window borders.

What I don't like:

This is more new stuff to change which means continually delaying Luna
again and again. Tom already has very important projects to work on for
Luna. He's going to burn out and/or not finish any of these projects like
we've seen before when developers try to take on multiple projects. So is
this even feasible to deliver this cycle? I'm very skeptical.

But I guarantee it won't be "equal in complexity" to deploying Compiz.
Compiz is already deployed. We can just follow upstream's implementation
for this cycle and it's done.

What I would like to see is some prioritization. Let's concentrate on all
the items we *already have* in order to get Luna out. And once we've
knocked those out, then let's think about a last minute window manager
switch.

Otherwise, continuing on this route, we're on track for a Winter release of
Luna (or maybe Spring?) rather than a summer release.