Re: "I'm Quitting": we both overreacted

> A decision that affects developers greatly was made without them even
knowing, left alone being able to influence the decision.

To be honest, the exact details of how we present the iso download on our
front page doesn't greatly effect developers. elementary is and always has
been open source; by its very nature that means its freely available to
all. Design decisions and decisions on how to bring money in to pay for our
expenses don't and should not have to be run by every developer. This is
the reason for having a small Council who can make those decisions.

> Is that the intended decision-making process or a mistake from which the
Council is willing to learn is what I'd like to know

Again, there's a reason we have a small Council who is able to make
organizational, design, and monetary decisions. It is not intended to run
every single decision past Сергей Давыдов before making it. Obviously we're
always open to learning; if the home page design doesn't work out, of
course we'll consider alternatives.

If you or anyone else has any further specific issues you'd like to raise,
the Council is reachable at council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Give a little bit of
time for a response if you do mail us there; as Daniel mentioned, we're
busy both with and outside of elementary. But we do try and respond to any
mails at one point or another.

Regards,
Cassidy James