Re: X-GNOME-FullName

> I see one major issue here. Using the Generic Name creates issues when
> you've got more then one video player installed. For example, I've got
> VLC, Totem, Audience, XBMC, and I guess some old Xfce related players.
> This would give me 4 or more Video Players to choose from. Similar for
> Text editors (gedit, scratch, gvim) and so on.

This is easy to fix - Slingshot can check for collisions in generic names
and if there are any, fall back to X-GNOME-Fullname. Thus, Audience will be
"Movie Player" while it's alone, but when you install Totem too you'll see
"Audience Movie Player" and "Totem Movie Player" in the menu.

OS architect @ elementary