Re: Noise doesn't comply to HIG

2013/3/17 Nishant George Agrwal <nishantagrwal12993@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Sergey Shnatsel Davidoff <
> sergey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> So I believe it really depends on the app. If it has to be easier to
> access while it's running (e.g. Noise), it should display an icon in the
> dock.
>

> That still leaves the "not bound to a workspace" thing, which will need
> patches to both plank and Gala. Or are we ignoring that for the time being?

I don't think any Plank patches will be needed - tapping into minimize
function in Gala will probably be sufficient.

The easiest way to implement this is probably is via making any window
sticky (i.e. always shown on all workspaces) on minimizing it and restoring
its pristine state on maximizing. Gala already handles such windows
properly.

A cleaner solution would be adding checks for windows being minimized to
the places where checks for stickiness are already in place. It shouldn't
be too hard. The list of work items can be found at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/gala/+spec/minimized-as-closed

OS architect @ elementary