Re: Wingpanel and Indicators, future?

I agree that the dbus UI idea is a pretty flexible one. I also would like to parrot that being able to easily embed indicators in an application is important. I do not know if this is easier with the dbus solution, though, because you can always just embed Gtk in an application (including clutter apps, like (?) Audience).

In response to Dan's idea about allowing indicators to position themselves: that could cause a bit of a mess. If we set up categories (like is done for Desktop Entries) then wingpanel can position them itself, and it can change the position based on Pantheon's preference, not the indicator dev's preference.

Best of luck,

Cameron Norman