Re: elementary, ubuntu, and debian

El Thu, 6 de Feb 2014 a las 12:26 AM, Pim Vullers <pim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On 02/06/2014 12:00 AM, Cameron Norman wrote:
* libunity9 dependency: Pantheon uses libunity for a lot of things, and it is not available in Debian. I do not understand how feasible it would
 be to package in Debian, but seeing how a lot of elementary software
uses libunity, I think we should encourage the packaging of it, instead
 of a patching out of the dependency.

Can you list which packages use it, and what benefit it would give for
keeping it on debian? I successfully made libunity optional in the apps
I packaged for Gentoo and am now running fine without it.

Yeah, it is something that (I think) is optional in a lot of apps, but it is useful. libunity is what allows for the dock integration, like with the progress bars and the badges on the icons. I believe that the following apps use it: pantheon-files, switchboard, and slingshot. Geary also is able to use it for badges, but whether geary is built to support that on non-ubuntu distros is unknown, and doubtful, to me.

Upon looking further, it also adds quicklists support, which pantheon-files uses to display the standard directories (Pictures, Music, et al) in its launcher.

Cheers,
Cameron

 El Wed, 5 de Feb 2014 a las 10:32 AM, Daniel Foré