Re: UFR - The Unified Fenics Repository

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 February 2013 23:35, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:15:20PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Hopefully there is a volunteer to show us how it would work with
> nested repos. It would have to be pretty compelling to contemplate
> moving from bzr (Launchpad supports automated import from other
> version control systems).
You can have a look at my dotfiles, they use git submodule:

git clone http://github.com/rawland/dotfiles
<a have a look at the folders here - especially dotfiles/vim/bundle/*>
git submodule init
git submodule update
<have a look again>

To update the "unified main" repo to the most recent version of the
children, write:
git submodule foreach git pull origin master

Though I would advocate for git subtree, as it makes it possible to
commit to each specific repo, as far as I understood.

Best,

Roland