From:  Aleksey Kasatkin <akasatkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Friday, July 11, 2014 at 12:57 AM
To:  Meg McRoberts <mmcroberts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:  David Easter <deaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Evgeniy L <eli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Miroslav
Anashkin <manashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: [Fuel-dev] Fuel upgrade procedures

Meg,

>>> Just to clarifiy, does this mean that the drop-down on this page will have
four items?

Yes.

>>> What if I install 5.0.1 directly rather than upgrading from 5.0?  Will this
drop-down  then have only the two 5.0.1 releases?

Yes.

The same for 5.1 etc. When you upgrade 5.0 -> 5.0.1 -> 5.1 there will be 6
releases in drop-down.
Older releases presence is required to provide support of previously
installed environments.

Aleksey Kasatkin

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Meg McRoberts <mmcroberts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> [...]
> http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.0/user-guide.html#name-environm
> ent-and-choose-distribution
>
> What if I install 5.0.1 directly rather than upgrading from 5.0?  Will this
> drop-down  then have only the two 5.0.1 releases?
>
> meg
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM, David Easter <deaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Dave Easter
>>
>> From:  Meg McRoberts <mmcroberts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date:  Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM
>> To:  David Easter <deaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Cc:  Aleksey Kasatkin <akasatkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> "fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Evgeniy L
>> <eli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Miroslav Anashkin <manashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Subject:  Re: [Fuel-dev] Fuel upgrade procedures
>>
>> Info from Dmitry Borodaenko, just to keep everyone on the same page.
>>
>> We ARE shipping/posting a separate tarball that includes everything that is
>> needed to upgrade to 5.0.1.
>> People will be able to download that from software.mirantis.com
>> <http://software.mirantis.com>  and just copy it to the Fuel Master Node.
>>
>> We cannot include the tarball in the ISO because it makes the ISO too big.
>>
>> I am updating the docs now.
>> meg
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM, David Easter <deaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to just download a file to the master node without having to
>>> mount an image?  In other words, can these steps be made optional if we
>>> provide the file?
>>>
>>> #. Create the Fuel 5.0.1 installation media,
>>> following the instructions in :ref:`download-install-ug`
>>>
>>> #. Log into your Fuel Master Node and create a mount point for the media.
>>> For example:
>>>
>>> mkdir /mnt/media
>>>
>>> #. Mount the device:
>>> mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /mnt/media # mount DVD
>>> mount -r /dev/sdb1 /mnt/media   # mount USB device
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> - David J. Easter
>>>   Director of Product Management,   Mirantis, Inc.
>>>

>>> From:  Meg McRoberts <mmcroberts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Date:  Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
>>> To:  Aleksey Kasatkin <akasatkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Cc:  David Easter <deaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>>> <fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Evgeniy L <eli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Miroslav
>>> Anashkin <manashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Subject:  Re: [Fuel-dev] Fuel upgrade procedures
>>>
>>> I wrote up Aleksey's instructions -- please review.  I know this needs work
>>> but the release is imminent
>>> so we should start looking at this.
>>>
>>> https://review.openstack.org/105324
>>>
>>> Specific concerns:
>>> - I need the name of the tarball -- if it's gzip'ed, I'll need to modify the
>>> instructions
>>> - Please verify that I have the mount instructions correct for CentOS
>>> - I do not say anything about how to do this using a remote control utility

ISO