Re: gnome 3 proposal ?

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 02:12:43 -1000, Luca Invernizzi
<invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After having read gnome guide to be added as a module, I can say that we
> have all the cards to be accepted.
> The cost of that would be:
> - follow the six-month release cycle of GNOME, including freeze times

That's not bad, even good, IMHO.

> - start using gnome resources (Git and bugzilla).

I think I could learn git but, regarding bugzilla, I think we have built a
pretty solid infrastructure on Launchpad. It would be rather sad to migrate
everything to bugzilla (which is far behind LP as LP is evolving
constantly).

> I don't see any real advantages counterbalancing this. We would just get
> shiny badge and maybe some help.
> Are there things I don't see?

Indeed, that's a tricky question.

Being an official GNOME module would allow us, IMHO, to make collaboration
with other projects easier (like hamster).

But the price of abandonning launchpad seems rather high currently.