Re: gtg almost on ubuntu cd

Le vendredi 14 mai 2010 à 15:59 -0400, Paul Kishimoto a écrit :
> On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 20:38 +0200, Bertrand Rousseau wrote:

> > > I think they would say those are different since they have "brand
> > > recognition".  Kind of chicken/egg situation but anyway.

> > > Or even "GTG Todo List" ?
> > >

> > What about "GTG personal organizer"? For me GTG is more than a todo
> > list, and "task manager" sounds like a machine for me. I would prefer to
> > highlight the service.
>
>   I haven't used it recently, but I know the last time I had Hamster
> installed I could only find the *name* "Hamster" by going into the About
> dialog. Everyplace else it was called "Time Tracker".
>
>   "To-Do/Tasks List" or "Personal To-Do/Tasks List" could be used
> similarly for GTG.

Good idea. I personally like Bertrand's proposal : "Personal organizer".
It makes a lot of sense.

>   I would rather not have GTG pitched against Tomboy in a similar way.
> If a user just wants to-do management, they can use GTG; if they want to
> take a lot of notes (e.g. lecture notes; see Laura Czajkowski's recent
> posts on Planet Ubuntu) they can use Tomboy; and if they are using both,
> at least GTG can be a good neighbour by interacting well with Tomboy.

I agree. I keep very good relation with tomboy's maintainer and Tomboy
was my biggest source of inspiration for GTG.

Now, to be honest, I must admit that I don't use all Tomboy's feature.
No notebook, no internotes links, very few formatting.

In fact, my usage of Tomboy could be easily done with the current GTG
task's editor.

Also, if I'm completely agnostic in the Mono flamewar, I must recognize
that Tomboy add a whole 5s to my desktop boot.

That's why I can understand why GTG could be a replacement for Tomboy in
some very simple case.

Maybe we could try to be even more good neighbor and have a better
integration with tomboy ? What about displaying tomboy notes in the GTG
notes feature for example ?