Re: asus-switcheroo // Asus N53JF

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Bastien Schuhmacher <b.schuhm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I continued testing with both 2.6.38 and 2.6.35 kernels.
> First, I run in text mode to avoid using delayed switch.
>
> ON and OFF seem to work (says "switching nouveau on/off"), but have no
> effect on battery rate.
>
> Then I start noticing at start some errors that I found back in boot.log :
> FATAL: Error inserting asus_switcheroo
> (/lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/extra/asus-switcheroo/asus-switcheroo.ko):
> Invalid module format
> FATAL: Error inserting i915_jprobe
> (/lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/extra/asus-switcheroo/i915-jprobe.ko):
> Invalid module format

I've only seen this if I have to force the system off after installing
the new initrd, which can lead to files not getting completely written
out correctly.  Is this what happened?  If so, start over, make clean,
make, ...  If your system tends to hang on shutdown, run sync before
you shutdown.  Hope that helps.

Alex