indicator-sound-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Changes to the sound menu registration process for Natty

Hello all,

Conor, is there any way to perform the opposite process — pre-register
some application in sound menu? At the moment the only pre-registered
application is banshee and the others are automatically registered
after the first start of application, but the better way would be to
allow application register itself somehow.
E.g. for Messages Menu you can now place a file with desktop-file
location into /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/.
However, similar way with 'sound' instead of 'messages' doesn't work.

I suppose it'll be the nice way ­— to register new sound player just
by creating the file (or by some post-inst script) so user can just
start new player from sound menu rather than searching for it in main
applications menu.

----
Best wishes and have a nice day,
Vsevolod Velichko