Re: Preliminary Hershey patch

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Werner Almesberger <werner@...> wrote:

> I think that's because the new font is proportional. Maybe the font
> could be set with fixed spacing, with a flag to switch to proportional ?
> That flag could default to "proportional" for new text.

My first in-house testing shown that herseys in fixed width really suck (the largest character is lowercase 'm', which IIRC is almost the double of a typical digit); also I made the modification because I wanted that extra space :P

But if alignments are done correctly there should be no huge problem, expecially now that we have multiline text.

TRICK: for centered text in eeschema I designed graphical modules, with references hidden. The useful thing is that these 'signs' are BOMmed with components, so I can locate them quickly in multisheet designs :D (BOM with sub-part enabled contains sheet and grid location of the parts)