Re: Layers visibility

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Ing. Gabriele Oberhammer wrote:
>> Thanks for all the replays :-)

<< snipped >>

> I'm glad to see you and others are still in brain storm mode.

<< snipped >>

> Dick

While we are still in the brain storm mode, I had a few rumblings in my
head so I thought I would weight in on this discussion. I would like to
see a two pronged approach. A full featured implementation such as
Dick's suggestion of a modeless dialog is great for those users that
have more than one monitor. For those of us poor souls that have to
work on single monitor systems, a solution that doesn't use any more
screen real estate than necessary is preferable. Some CAD programs use
a combobox in the main tool bar to allow changing the current working
layer, turning layers on and off, and other minor layer settings. To
access the full layer editing dialog, you double-click on the layer you
wish to edit and have the full layer editing dialog open. The only real
issue I see with this solution besides the extra coding is that using a
modeless dialog would require keeping both the combobox and dialog
settings synchronized.