Re: Command ID refactoring.

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> I do this as well. But eventually I will have do a "make install" which
>> will rebuild all of the other project files that technically do not need
>> recompiled. It seems reasonable to me to not have every executable
>> rebuilt when I just want to add a new command to CVPcb. It also helps
>> out the folks doing nightly SVN builds for testing purposes. I know the
>> hard drives on my development systems are happy about the change;)
>>

> True, and I think on balance this is a nice commit, since it does this.
>

> Thanks.

Your welcome. I figure anything I can do to improve life for developers
is a win all the way around.

> (I just got my new computer, which I treat myself to once per every 5
> years or so. I pushed the envelop WAY out this time. Cannot wait to
> take on one of those big compiles. The machine is quite a large step
> forward, and I loaded it with 64 bit Ubuntu Jaunty instead of 32 bit
> Hardy. )

I'm jealous! These days my lowly AMD Athlon 4200 dual core is starting
to get a little long in the tooth. It's only a few years old so I'm
about half way to my next system. By the time I'm due for a new
machine, 8 cores, 16GB of memory, and 2TB hard drives should be the
norm. Enjoy your new computer!

Wayne