Re: bad dialogs

jean-pierre.charras@... wrote:

Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :

> The problem reported by Dick (Column label too small under linux) is not
> solved.

I had a tough time solving this as well. I eventually had to pad an
empty sizer cell with a spacer to make it work and this may not work in
all cases. I'm not sure how your going to solve this with a grid
control. If I get some time this weekend, I'll see if I can figure out
what is going on. If you do come up with a solution, it might be a good
idea to post is somewhere (UIpolicies. txt?) so other developers don't
have to solve the problem again.

Wayne

I found this problem can easily fixed with wxWidgets version >= 2.8.8:
wxGrid::SetRowLabelSize(wxGRID_AUTOSIZE) resizes the row labels cell automatically.
(Not supported by wxFormBuilder stable version)

I am thinking this is not possible in older versions.
Workaround: reserve bigger cells or write a function like EnsureTextCtrlWidth().
But using the latest wxWidget version seems for me better.

So maybe put this call in the derived constructor, but conditional on the wxWidgets version?

#ifdef
#endif

That would get it working here.

Dick