Re: wxDC zoom break through.

Hi Dick,

> 1) what code have you contributed to Kicad that was not for your own
> benefit and driven by your own needs? Or asked differently, what code
> have you contributed to Kicad which was motiviated 100 % selflessly, and
> was code for which you had no need?

The arc adjusting that I've written for instance is such an example; I have no direct use currently for it - still I've implemented it. Sure I'm mainly driven by my own needs.

> (If the user is more important than
> what the developer likes, then it seems you should simply stand ready at
> you computer answering email and writing code for others, not for
> yourself.)

Well, that's the other extreme - but not everything is just black & white.

> 2) Do you write code while on company time?

Define company time, I'm one of the founders. Thus any time is company time.

> 3) When working on company time, are you working for free? i.e. do you
> tell your employer, don't pay me while I work on Kicad?

I'm the employer :) Well, OK - sure I have mainly to do other things, thus of course my time for this project is restricted as I've written in my first posting. Basically we have to pay ourself.

> 4) if 2) is a yes, and 3) is a no, then who is paying for the
> contributions to Kicad?

That's hard to answer, because I'm a "special case" - one of the founders. The payment depends on our earnings (currently we are sponsored for one year however).

> I guess your licensing concern cannot be articulated?

It wasn't my concern, Jean-Pierre has written that. It would be fine for me, if I can compile it with some tricks.

Bye..
Torsten