Re: gencad export

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

On 07/01/2010 04:22 PM, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
Anyhoo, as my changes will be available in the next several
weeks, you might want to hold of on GenCAD 1.4.

Well, as I've said, trouble with gencad is that every tool seems to want
a different 'flavour' of gencad. While the original export was mostly
compliant (lacked the ARTWORK section IIRC, which could be fixed with
a single fputs...) it was actually rejected by *every* tool I threw it
to. Our flying probe tester insists on a padstacks section, which is, by
the standard, completely optional.

So even if I have a good export today (mostly generating padstacks), it
may actually choke some tool which accepted the previous one...

The sad thing is that no-one seems to accept the IPC-D-356 which is
actually designed for board testing :(

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl