Re: Graphics Abstraction Layer for KiCad

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, "Torsten Hüter" wrote:

I've choosen Cairo, because it runs on most platforms well and supports rendering to pdf or postscript as well. OpenGL is very interesting for combining the 3D-Models with a 2D pcb tool (just overlaying the 3D models) and of course because of the hardware acceleration that modern graphics cards offer.

Isn't Cairo still 100% sw on linux? gerbv using cairo is *slower* than
hell :P Why not the usual wx DC operations?

BTW never missed the 3d view, all the inspection is done on gerbers :D

Anyway I still want the 'old' primitives as references (grayed out or
something) instead of the traditional xor artifacts.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl