Re: New Layers

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010, Karl Schmidt wrote:

The one term that still annoys me in EEschema is "value" - it seems to suggest that one should use it for the value of a resistor instead of the part name - as if one used a single part for all values of a 0805 resistor - just the value field changed for different ohm values.

Well, you *could* put the part name of the resistor there (if you had
enough space on the drawing). I do that for NTCs, their part number is
something like 20 characters:D:D:D

In Pads logic, I think the name-of-the-part field was called "name". In pcad it is "type" and value in pcad refers to the foot-print.

In kicad we have 'reference' for the designator, 'value' for the
value/part number, 'package' for the land pattern and 'chip' for the
schematic symbol. I think that's not too bad.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl