Re: library structure

Re- gate swap and pin swap.

This is a missing feature (very useful one) that would require a couple of fields in the library.

I'll use the example of a hex AND-gate.

When we lay out the PCB, it can turn out that if we swap gate A with gate B in the package, it eliminates a via. Same thing happens with the two pins of the gates.

There are some autorouters that know about swapping.

A pin in a symbol has a swap number - 0 means un-swappable - any other number is swappable with pins with the same number.

Same thing at the gate level - there is a swap number.

While routing the board, you can swap pins and it gets back annotated to the schematic.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

NPR: National Propaganda Radio
Featuring - "One Side Considered"
Or was that "All Things Distorted"
or "All Things Depressing"?