Re: Improving usability of KiCad

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, Alex G wrote:

On 10/10/2010 12:35 PM, Vesa Solonen wrote:
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

We are essentially rewriting eeschema very soon.

Any plans going metric on the way? I know it doesn't actuallu matter

I second that. Imperial is so last millennium.

Also there is already the 10nm proposal of a few month ago.

I'm find the idea of going QT interesting, but I have to ask the
question: "Isn't QT slower?". It may be just me, but I get the feeling
that wxGTK apps are the most responsive on my F13 box.

I don't like qt, actually :P and I don't see what's wrong with wx, since
a lot of other apps use it (I actually prefer clean C GTK, but that's
another story...). I don't think that the opengl bug isn't unavoidable
on wx... aren't there other apps using it out there?

I mean, kicad opengl use is of the plain, opengl 1.1 flavour *and* the
only thing between X and it is XGL. What are we doing so strange that
segfaults on non-nvidia gear?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl