Re: Concerns about clearing disagreements before committing.

> For now, I will begin to look over the internal units issues and then compare ideas with
> Vladimir when he is available again.
>
> Dick

Vladimir,

I spent a couple of hours last night looking at Boost::polygon (BP) to see how they solved
similar problems to our internal units change.  I learned a lot.  BP supports any integer
type, including *integer* typedefs that we create, but does not support floating point
user data.

So we can go to 64 bit integers, or should I say, "evolve through" 64 integers as part of
our migration path.  Eventually I think we can get back to 32 bit integers.   There may be
a quick reward to travel through 64 bit integers temporarily.

I will be asking you some questions later today.  I am out for a couple of hours today,
then tomorrow, Thursday, I should be working on this issue full time.

Jean-Pierre forwarded me your reply to his personal email.  In it you said that you were
agreeable to a roll back of the testing repository while we plan our steps forward.  I
believe this is good news for me, and I want to work with you cooperatively.

I hope we can find a way to do that.  I will propose a plan in a text file, after I first
ask you a list of questions in my next email.

Thanks for your efforts,

Dick