Re: Concerns about clearing disagreements before committing.

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:52:44PM +0400, Vladimir Uryvaev wrote:

> My intention was to new files could be loaded to old kicad with less accuracy.
> For some reason it's not so easy, while most features could be loadable.

Then save in fractional decimil, but it's awful to look at.

> In my POV program could be witten without lock in to specific representation of
> length anywhere it is possible. For dealing with rounding and precision issues
> some sort of generic interface like std::numeric_limits should be provided.

Keep them in some constant in the header file, seems reasonable.

> Exactness should be kept whatever method of save is chosen. Finer the length
> quantum, more significant digits in play.

Save a ( (long) long) int and you should have sufficient digits without
loss of accuracy; and even with a nanometer unit you could do pretty big
boards.

> More vodka is required to answer all those questions.

I prefer coffee :D

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl