Re: Library License

Hello,
if we look at what the GEDA guys do/did, I seem to understand that
they licensed everything (software and libraries) under GNU GPL:
https://github.com/bert/gschem-symbols

Word-processor templates for open-source word processors are
open-source tools like LibreOffice could be distributed under GPL
without your final word-processor document having to be open source.

Library components for an EDA software tool can represent (and often
are) a great value and lots of work is often behind it. Such value
makes it is worth protecting the libs with a proper license.

I think we should continue this discussion without getting too excited.

cheers
fabrizio