Re: Kicad-gal and OpenGL supported version under Mingw ( was Plotting/fabricating in nanometers)

Le 29/04/2012 17:47, "Torsten Hüter" a écrit :
Hi Jean,

OpenGl creates problems under Windows and MinGw,
because the available version is old (1.3) and GAL cannot be easily
compiled.

I'm compiling it currently on Windows, it works so far well - I had only problems with GLEW and cairo, it wasn't found automatically. So I'm using hard-coded paths on my computer; I have to modify the CMake scripts or provide external variables for CMake. On Windows I've renamed Dick's POINT name alias for VECTOR2D to POINT2D, because POINT is already existing and I had some trouble.
What kind of hardware are you using? I've raised the requirement to at least OpenGL 2.1, usually that shouldn't be any problem on a recent computer - because we're now at OpenGL 4.2 :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL

If we need to support 1.3 I have to write some workarounds.

Thanks,
Torsten

Hi, Torsten,

I also have trouble with GLEW and POINT.
I just added GLEW in Kicad-gal to compile it with Kicad-gal, and renamed POINT.
(Currently I can run only the Cairo version of demos)

The issue relative to OpenGL (run time error: opengl version 2.1 not supported)
is due to the fact MinGw come from a rather old version of OpenGl (Mesa GL, in fact)
(comments in .h headers show a 2002 version) and not an hardware issue.
My MinGW installation is a recent version (now including GDIplus).

So my question is:
Are you using the Opengl libs and headers coming from Mingw,
or have you installed a recent version of MESA GL under Windows?
(Recent Mesa version seems do not have an easy install under Mingw/Windows)

Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS