Re: Footprint Wizard Farnell/Eagle.scr/Ultra librarian, and scripting, how to integrate

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Miguel Angel <miguelangel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> SCR is the file format that Farnell provides for eagle, I think they export from ultra librarian

It is also the format that you can export from the Eagle library editor.
It generates a script (the SCR) which can be run to rebuild the library.
If you have invested time in designing your own library parts in Eagle
you can export it this way.
What I am constructing now is a way to read those SCR files into Kicad.
I do not have Eagle 6.x running since I do not have a license for 6.x
just for 5.x.
The libraries in 5.x (LBR) files seem to be binary blobs, if those
could be read by the freeware version of Eagle and exported into XML
or some other readable format that would be nice too.
At the moment Farnell (Element14) is only offering the SCR files to
use with Eagle.
Using these files directly in Kicad without other (windows) software
would save a lot of time for many people (I think).

Have a good evening and a happy weekend,
Edwin van den Oetelaar (hacking at this right now)