Re: New BOARD File Format (*.kicad_pcb)

Le 28/12/2012 13:08, Brian Sidebotham a écrit :
Hi Guys,

Excellent work! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond!

I have updated the Rapsberry-Pi template to the new kicad_pcb s-expression format but I have an issue.

I started a new project based on the old template, and I've made some changes (Marked some low height areas and what-not which aid layout). Then I used Save-As in PCBNEW to save in the .kicad_pcb format - this file looks good, and I deleted the .brd file. Now though, the .kicad_pcb file doesn't show in the project tree. KiCad also doesn't try and open the .kicad_pcb file either, it warns me that the .brd file doesn't exist yet.

Is there something I've done wrong? Sorry I've not been keeping up with the list for a month or so, so I may have missed something obvious.

The board does get loaded correctly if I select the correct filetype and load it with PCBNEW. Here is my PCBNEW version information:

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (2012-11-30 BZR 3829)-testing

I am thinking your Kicad version is too old.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS