Re: New BOARD File Format (*.kicad_pcb)

Hi Guys,

Excellent work! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond!

I have updated the Rapsberry-Pi template to the new kicad_pcb s-expression
format but I have an issue.

I started a new project based on the old template, and I've made some
changes (Marked some low height areas and what-not which aid layout). Then
I used Save-As in PCBNEW to save in the .kicad_pcb format - this file looks
good, and I deleted the .brd file. Now though, the .kicad_pcb file doesn't
show in the project tree. KiCad also doesn't try and open the .kicad_pcb
file either, it warns me that the .brd file doesn't exist yet.

Is there something I've done wrong? Sorry I've not been keeping up with the
list for a month or so, so I may have missed something obvious.

The board does get loaded correctly if I select the correct filetype and
load it with PCBNEW. Here is my PCBNEW version information:

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (2012-11-30 BZR 3829)-testing
Build: wxWidgets 2.9.4 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.7.0,wx
containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64 bit,
Little endian, wxMSW
Boost version: 1.49.0
         KICAD_GOST=OFF
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         USE_BOOST_POLYGON_LIBRARY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF

Finally, Merry Christmas to those currently celebrating it! :D

Brian.