Re: PPA version details

On 1/3/2013 11:29 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 01/03/2013 10:25 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> On 01/03/2013 10:00 AM, Adam Wolf wrote:
>>> Dick/Wayne/Devs,
>>>
>>> Would you be interested in me setting up a continuous integration tool like Jenkins to
>>> generate nightly builds for Windows/OS X?
>>
>> I think this would be a tremendous benefit to Windows users.
>>
>> And it would alleviate a lot of questions about where do I get a new version?
>>
>> I would be happy to refer ALL windows users there, all the time, any time.
>>
>> You might find that packaging is a missing link to the user experience.  But in theory
>> CPack could come to the rescue, since it is already setup in the CMake files.
>
> Or of course maybe use whatever tool is currently in play, probably some Microsoft-ism
> that I am glad to have out of my consciousness.

There is already a NullSoft Installer Script (NSIS) in the
packaging/windows/nsis directory in the KiCad source.  I haven't used it
in a while but it used to work.  I'm not sure there is any CMake code in
place to build the installer with this NSIS file from the make files.  I
think CPack will actually generate it's own NSIS file to create an
installer based on the files tagged to be installed by CMake.  I've
never actually tried this but if it's possible it makes more sense to
let CPack generate the NSIS build file than maintain a separate one.  We
already have to maintain the CMake files.