Re: Mac OSX build, with scripting, codename "wife"

On 11/03/2013, at 03:25, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2013 8:10 PM, "Adam Wolf" <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Dick,
> >
> > We can do it either way.  We can push binaries up to the PPA, or we can continue to do the bzrbuilder recipe->PPA.  I would actually be doing the bzrbuilder recipe on my local machine.
> >
> > I can always fix the current cmake issue and do the Mac and eventually Windows builds.  I'd like to get Linux builds happening locally for Fedora users anyway.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm going to fix the cmake pythonpath thing, and get osx autobuilds working first, and we can revisit the others when those are tested and working.
>
> Speaking of pyhonpath, we need to rethink where we are going to put python modules, even for the case when we are not installing to a staging dir for purposes of packaging.
>
> Installing things that may need to be edited, into a read only (root writable)
> dir is not a practice that we have to continue.  If we allow for setting env vars, then pythonpath can be modified to point additionally to a place that is convenient for kicad python module editor people.
>
> So I am not content with current. Cmakelists.txt strategy regarding over usage of system dirs.

There, may be it makes sense to make a second package for "KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES", as it's just a module to python,
it could be the case that somebody wanted to install the pcbnew module in a server, without installing kicad itself, for example.

That should go to site-packages of python.

For kicad itself, the modules don't need to be installed anywhere, they are linked together into pcbnew itself to allow introspection,
so may be for making the normal kicad ppa build, KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES should be disabled,
and then a second build that only makes the "KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES", that needs some cmake scripts rework.

Does it make sense?