Re: PROPOSAL. Pcbnew anf GerbView layer names - can we improve them?

On 04/11/2013 08:28 AM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> Here I am uniquely talking about UI layer names, names that appear in
> he various Kicad GUIs. Names used in the code do not really interest
> me, here.
>
> As originally discussed with Dick, here we are talking about replacing
> stuff like "Front" with "Top" and stuff like that.
>
> Regards
> Fabrizio

I am happy using the same names in the UI that end up going into the
board file.  Achieving familiarity with those names have value.

It means you can load a *.kicad_pcb or *.kicad_mod file into a text
editor and understand it.

That was the basis of strategy used to write the code in kicad currently.

So again, no.