Re: PROPOSAL. Pcbnew anf GerbView layer names - can we improve them?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 09:01:33AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I am happy using the same names in the UI that end up going into the
> board file.  Achieving familiarity with those names have value.

Then rip out the whole renaming facility. Except for 'special' layer
(mask, silk, paste and edges) there is no real reason to constrain layer
name.  Especially the ECO1 and ECO2 which have no meaning in
theirselves...

As for the front/top/whatever issue it's moot, everyone would like
his/her own name but, at the same time everyone would recognize it
anyway. So for that I agree that is best to stick with the current one.

Another thing... the names would be localized anyway, while the file
remains with the english symbols :D

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl