Re: layer based constraints

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 03:36:17PM +0200, Simon Huwyler wrote:
- How many impedance controlled lines are there?
- On how many different layers do I place them?

Stop there. *If* you do impedance controlled lines then you *need*
different constraint for each layer, because: a)

I know, and that's what I wanted to say. This WOULD be a case. But I don't care about this one because it gets too complicated.

So, the most flexible way, would indeed be sort of a matrix. Each
net has a set of constrains for each layer.

Actually each class would have a constraint with each other class and
this for each layer. And I hope you don't want to do cross layer DRC

No, that's what I said. Again. This would be the ultimate freedom - and the ultimate pain. :-)

With these examples I wanted to point out why I chose for my personal patch this way. It does what is used mostly, and it does it easily.